ANSWER MUST BE WRITTEN IN URDU
SECTION – A
(a) Group of the New Indo – Aryan Language: Western Hindi and its dialect – Khari Boli,Brij Bhasha and Haryanivi;
(b) Relation of Urdu to Khari Bili and Persio- Arabic elements in Urdu;
(c) Development of Urdu from 1300 to 1800 in the North and 1400 – 1700 in Deccan;
(d) Theories about the origin of Urdu Language;
(i) Dakhani Urdu, Origin and Development, its significant distinctive features.
(ii) 18th Century’s Urdu poetry with special reference to Mir-o-Mirza.
SECTION – B
(a) Genre and their development.
Poetry: Ghazal, Qasida, Masnavi, Marsia, Rubai, Jadeed Nazm.
Prose: Dastan, Novel, Short story, Khutoot, Drama.
(b) (i) Significant feature of: (i) Delhi and Lucknow Schools
(ii) Sir Syed movement and Progressive Movement.
(c) Literary criticism with special reference to Hali.
This paper will require first hand reading of the text prescribed and will be designed to test thecandidate’s critical ability.
PART – A (PROSE)
1. Mir Amman – Bagh-o-Bahar
2. Ghalib – Intikhab-e-Khutoot-e-Ghalib – Dr.Khaliq Anjum
3. Hali – Muquaddema-e-Shere-o-Shairi
4. Ruswa – Umrao Jan Ada
5. Prem Chand – Wardat
6. Abdul Kalam Azad- Ghubar-e-Khatir
7. Imtiaz Ali Taj – Anar Kali
PART – B (POETRY)
1. Mir – Intikhab-e-Kalam-e-Mir
2. Sauda – Qasaid (including Rewayat)
3. Ghalib – Diwan-e-Ghalib
4. Iqbal – Bal-e-Gibrail
5. Josh Malihabadi – Saif-o-Subu
6. Firaq Gorakhpuri – Ruhe-Kainat
7. Faiz – Kalam-e-Faiz