Recently a referendum passed in newzealand for legalising euthanasia. Majority of people voted in favour of legalising euthanasia. People in newzealand were demanding legalisation of euthanasia since long time.In some countries like Canada,Luxemburg,Belgium,some part of Australia and U.S. have already legalized euthanasia.
WHAT IS EUTHANSIA?
- Euthansia isPeople suffering from terminally illness will be given option to end their life by requesting medical assistance.
- ACTIVE EUTHANSIA – In this a person directly or deliberately cause death of other person.
- PASSIVE EUTHANSIA – Do not directly take a patient’s death ,they just allow them to die..
What is eligibility criteria for euthanasia?
- There is a criteria for this-
- Person must be permanent resident of newzealand.
- Person must be above 18 or older
- Experience unbearable suffering that can not be eased.
- Suffered from terminal illness that is going to take life in less than 6 months.
EUTHANSIA IN INDIA –
- Since march 2018 passive euthansia becomes legal in india,under strict guidelines.
- Patient must be given consent through living will and must be terminally ill or in vegetative state.
METHODS OF ASSISTED DYEING
Ingestion through tube or injection